It is nerve-wracking to let someone else into your personal and business finances— even if that individual is a certified and highly-professional accountant. On one hand, you know you need their expert advice and support. But on the other, it sort of feels like an invasion of privacy.
This is where a boutique accounting firm can change things. Especially one that specializes in serving women in business and healthcare. At FCPC, we completely understand the unease many of our clients feel about opening up their books to us. And respect these feelings as a normal part of our onboarding process.
Here’s the thing— your finances are a reflection of you, so it only makes sense to feel a little vulnerable when sharing them with someone else for the first time. But the only way to gain full control over your money and start truly thriving is to be open to receiving help.
Quite the conundrum, right?
Well, it doesn’t have to be.
The key is finding a team of experienced and responsive finance professionals who offer profit advisory services that are specifically tailored to your unique needs.
Let’s take a closer look at how we approach our role as financial advisors and the work we do to support our clients.
At FCPC, we empower our clients via four service pillars. These pillars are:
The vast majority of our clients come to us seeking an accounting firm in Calgary that can help them achieve their greater business goals. This is the entire motivation behind their decision to start monitoring their finances more closely. Ultimately, they understand it’s nearly impossible to expand a business and increase profitability if they don’t have a solid financial foundation to build upon.
We support these clients by:
- Ensuring all year-end reports and tax returns are completed accurately and on time
- Defining growth milestones and identifying any necessary tasks required to reach them
- Establishing effective budgets tailored to their specific needs, goals, and objectives
- Closely monitoring cash flow to ensure financial viability at all times
- Developing comprehensive long and short-term business plans
2. Retirement Goals
Preparing for retirement is a major financial undertaking. There are many moving factors that must be considered and many of our clients feel overwhelmed by the thought of putting these plans in place while still continuing to work within their businesses or healthcare practices. At FCPC, we take on the strategic component of planning for retirement, allowing our clients to focus on their immediate responsibilities while still securing themselves for the future.
We support these clients by:
- Estimating their post-retirement expenses to ensure adequate budgeting
- Evaluating and identifying the best retirement plans for their individual needs (TFSA, RRSP, Investments, etc.)
- Determining the ideal methods of eliminating debt prior to retirement
- Coordinating post-retirement income sources to guarantee maximum security and efficiency
- Monitoring investments against their plan to ensure they are on track with their retirement goals
3.Wealth Accumulation Goals
You do not need to be heading toward retirement to begin planning for financial security or increasing your wealth. In fact, it’s a wise decision to start making your money work for you as soon as possible.
At FCPC, our knowledgeable team of experts can provide strategic insight you’ll need to save, budget, and accrue funds for the future.
More specifically, we can support you in your wealth accumulation goals by:
- Identifying ways to reduce personal spending
- Setting realistic and consistent financial goals
- Recommending ways to diversify your income or generate a passive income
- Helping prioritize financial commitments in a way that protects your best interests
- Implementing income tax plans that maximize efficiency
4. Legacy Goals
It isn’t easy or comfortable to think about what we’ll be leaving behind when we pass— but it is necessary. A failure to plan our legacy could leave our loved ones covering unexpected costs associated with our funeral, or make the transfer of our assets more difficult than it needs to be.
Preparation is absolutely essential if you want to prevent further grief or stress for those you love.
At FCPC, our role as your chosen boutique accounting firm is to:
- Preemptively ensure your affairs and plan for any issues that could arise if you were to pass unexpectedly
- Ensure your legacy plan accounts for any hidden fees or taxes that your family could be held responsible for otherwise
- Strategically organize your investments and maximize their financial return for your family
- Recommend trusts or other financial accounts that best suit your legacy goals
- Accurately draft and file all estate planning documents
By maintaining our relationship-focused approach to profit advisory services and upholding each of these pillars to the highest standard of excellence, we are able to eliminate much of the stress associated with finance management for our clients and allow them to focus on their businesses, families, and personal lives.
Ultimately, it is our job to empower the growth of the people we serve. Whether you’re looking for experts who specialize in accounting for women in business, someone to help you make the most of your retirement years, or a professional who understands the demands of the healthcare industry and can help you plan without distracting you from your practice— we’re the team for you.
If you’ve been looking for a Calgary profit advisor who will actually get to know you, your business, and your vision, reach out today. Let’s discuss our role in your future success!